Sunday, October 12, 2008

Story - Screenplay - The difference:

I have some interest in creating stories and screenplays. Some interest means say something like 2 kg of interest (what’s the unit of interest?). At first, I had confusion between story and screenplay. I understood what a story is, but was confused a little bit about screenplay. It was during my seventh grade in school and so I was not able to get books or other resources for it.
One fine day I saw an interview in TV. A director was explaining about story, screenplay and dialogues. I have got answer for my billion dollar question which drilled my mind for more than seven years. Yes, I was not at all able to find answers for the questions till then.
Leave all the technical information about screenplay. In short, story means information about some incident. Screenplay says additional information about it like when, how, what etc. Grammatically, story is a verb and screenplay is adverb.

No comments: